ESA Tiger > Training & Capacity Building > Training Kit
To reinforce the TIGER capacity building actions training and education tools have been developed and refined together with the Regional Offices. In particular, a TIGER Training Kit was compiled and is freely available for trainings given by TIGER partners at regional, national or University level.
Training of Trainers have been already conducted together with UNDP Cap-Net to empower the revenant institutions to give such trainings for local experts.
The TIGER training kit is addressed to trainers and intends to provide African partners with the latest knowledge and understanding of the use of EO technology in support to water-related issues. A particular focus was given to include the latest observation capabilities provided by the Copernicus Sentinels satellites.
- Earth Observation Data Acquisition (read course contents)
- Land Cover Mapping (read course contents)
- Crop Monitoring and Irrigation (read course contents)
- Open Water and Flood Mapping – Optical and SAR-based (read course contents)
- Water Quality Monitoring – Inland Waters (read course contents)
- Vegetation Monitoring and Evapotranspiration (read course contents)